A few days ago, the most perfect and awesome news for these ice cold and freezing times reached out to me.
If you have a spare minute or two left, you should definitely make sure to check out Phoebe’s Blog . She’s got one of the most diverse blogs I know: Phoebe writes thoughtful Blogposts about life, draws portraits and paints everything she wants to perpetuate on canvas. Seriously, there’ infinite content waiting to be checked out by everyone: Head over and check it out!
Every Award comes with a few rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are my answers to Phoebe’s questions:
- Why is your blog named what it is named? I think, the name of my Blog explains itself pretty quick. Dennis is my first name and since I spend a lot of time riding bicycles the second part of the title made sense to me…
- What would your blog be named if it wasn’t named what it is named right now? well, “dennis the cyclone” was absolutely on the shortlist…cyclone, because I like cycling and it is my first blog…
- If you could escape to one fictional world, which one? And why? I think, I would choose the setting of Horizon: Zero Dawn. It is a post-apocalyptic world, mankind has destroyed itself through technology and the world is kind of ruled by machines. The setting and story is difficult to explain, but what I like most about this world is the great mixture of nature and technology in that game…
- Who would you be in that fictional world? The main character in this game is a girl called Aloy. She is an outsider and unlike everyone else in this world, she is not afraid of the machines and kind of like the only human being that is curious enough to explore the ruins that are left of the “pre-world”, if you want to call it like this. I think, I would be like Aloy, traveling around the ruins of a broken world exploring the source of the machines…
- If you could never write another blog post/story/etc ever again, what new endeavour would you take up? I once tried out filming videos…I think, I would go back to that.
- What made you start writing in the first place? What was the catalyst? When I started to blog about riding bicycles, the heartbeat of the cycling I did was like zero. Sharing the stories about my personal bicycle “journey” has been a great idea to get me a new impulse and a fresh start to riding bicycles.
- If you could’ve written one book that has already been written (i.e. Lord of the rings, Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, Stephen King’s IT), which one would it be? I don’t know, there are so many great books. I think, generally, I’m better at reading stories than I’m at writing stories. Right now, I’m reading “Change Agent” by Daniel Suarez. So far, this book is pretty good…
- If you had the ability to stop one thing in the world from existing, what would it be? Boredom…wouldn’t it be cool if every single moment in your life would be exciting and entertaining?
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Cold Coffee, and I’m not talking about iced coffee. I’m talking about this: You wake up in the morning, you are about to get your first cup of coffee, then something or someone distracts you somehow and when you finally want to get back to drinking your first cup of coffee of the day….it has already got cold and tastes like garbage…
- Name one thing you’d want to change about yourself? I really don’t think, that it is useful in any way to start thinking about that question 😉
- Name the era you’d want to go back in time to (i.e. the 1920s, 1850s)? I think it would be cool to travel back to the age of the dinosaurs…
Of course, every Award nomination needs nominees. Here are the Blogs I nominate:
Finally, here are some questions:
- Let’s talk about sports! Even if you don’t exercise it: What is your favourite sport and Why?
- If you could add one sport to the olympic winter and/or summer games: What would be your choice?
- Enough sport! Let’s get weird: You can be a superhero! Introduce yourself with your superhero name and your superhero force/ability:
- What do you think? What is the All-Time best invention of the world?
- Would you rather travel to space or to the center of the earth? Why?
- Last but not least, here is a question inspired by Phoebe: Imagine you could travel through time: Would you rather visit the past or the future? Why?
Thanks to every nominee for participating and going through all the questions!
Have a good day…